|Position: Sales Agronomist – 107 Rush Road, Brighton |
Job Sector: Agribusiness
Education Level: Diploma, Degree or relevant experience
Working with Northumberland Grain Inc. will provide you with an opportunity to thrive within a company with 39 years of experience that is locally owned. Northumberland Grain is a progressive ag-retailer with 3 locations providing quality service, products and agronomic information to serve our customers. Whether it be our customers, the agriculture industry or within our local communities, trust and relationships are the foundation of our business. We are passionate about our business and our industry. Northumberland believes in investing in our people and building knowledgeable and empowered staff to deliver a level of service to exceed your expectations and our customers.
As a Sales Agronomist, you will help existing and prospect customers to grow better crops through making sound crop production recommendation decisions. You will focus on crop planning, seed selection, nutrient management, weed ID, disease, insects and provide recommendations to the customer to help our customers grow profitable crops. You will perform regular inspections of customer crop fields to monitor crop health. As well, you will coordinate spray logistics to ensure fields are sprayed in a timely manner with the right product, at the right time and rate. We are looking for an individual who is versatile to work independently and within a team environment. An individual that will embrace challenges, is open to opportunity and to having fun.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Continuously increase your knowledge of Agriculture, Agronomy, and Northumberland Grain products and services
- Frontline customer service & sales with the focus on building relationships with customers and proactively discussing their crop input needs
- Focus on sustaining customer relationships, building customer prospects and closing sales
- Meeting sales targets for seed, fertilizer, and crop protection products
- Work closely with Agronomy team to discuss and make recommendations on what was observed
- Organize work flow of the sprayer, field mapping and collection of data
- Operational duties as required
Qualifications & Education Requirements
- Preference to sales and agronomy experience
- Individually motivated yet team oriented with high integrity and solution oriented
- Strong computer & communications skills and time management skills
- Diploma, degree or relevant experience
- Certified Crop Advisor (CCA) designation is an asset. or willingness to achieve within two years
- A valid Ontario driver’s license with clean abstract
The opportunity is with an extremely progressive and successful multi-location company. Work and grow with great people in an amazing industry. Find a career at Northumberland Grain!
Please submit your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org